The academic mobility is a unique opportunity to undertake an internship abroad for the long period of time which each student and the teacher has today.
Within 2016 60 teachers and 97 students of VSU named after P.M. Masherov took part in different types of the academic mobility which has considerably increased for the last few years. First of all it is promoted by participation of the university in various international projects and grant programs.
Students and teachers of VSU named after P.M. Masherov have undertook an internship in Germany, Sweden, Cuba, China, Vietnam, Russia, Georgia, Poland, Romania, Slovenia and other countries.
Who can participate in programs of the academic mobility?
Any students and teachers of the university who wants can take part in programs of the academic mobility according to the specialties.
All willing students and teachers of the University can take part in the academic mobility programs according to their specialties.
What is necessary for taking part in the program?
First of all, one should prepare and then submit an application in the prescribed form within the prescribed time to participate in a competitive selection for a place in the academic mobility programs.
It’s also required to have good foreign language proficiency, especially the English language is concerned if you are applying for an internship in a foreign country (specify at the time of application).In order to have the application accepted and subsequently approved, it is necessary to pay special attention to the formal grounds specified directly in the programs.
What are the benefits of participation in the academic mobility program?
Participation in these programs provides a unique opportunity not only to practice foreign languages, but also to study the peculiarities of the approach to understanding individual disciplines in different countries. It gives a chance to take a full semester or a year course counted on return.
How do I pay for the academic mobility programs?
The amount and the procedure of payment are determined individually for each student by the host University. In recent years, many foreign higher education institutions agree to accept students on a grant basis with the scholarships payments provided. However there are programs with partial or full tuition as well.
Where can I get information on the academic mobility programs?
Information on current academic mobility programs will be displayed in this section.
To date, the most relevant are the following academic mobility programs:
More information on the European Union programs for the exchange of students and teachers (Erasmus) can be found in the section Erasmus +.
International Projects and Scholarships
Recently at VSU named after P. M. Masherov there have been implemented the following international projects funded by programs of the European Commission:
- TEMPUS-IV project: « Training and requalification of teachers and education managers in the environment of diversity»
- Erasmus Mundus: « Whole Europe Beynd Borders» project 372298-EM-1-2012-1-PL-ERAMUNDUS-EMA21 «Whole Europe Beynd Borders». The implementation period of the project: 18.10.2013-17.11.2017. BeneficiaryUniversity: Bologna University (Italy)
- Erasmus Mundus project EMINENCE: «Integration of Neighbouring Eastern Regions through Cooperation in Higher Education (EMINENCE)». The implementation period of the project: 30.09.2014-29.09.2018.Beneficiary University: Adam Mickiewicz University in Poznan (Poland).
- Erasmus Mundus EMINENCE II: Project "Integration of Neighboring Eastern Regions through Cooperation in Higher Education 2013 – 2526/001 – 001 EMA2. BeneficiaryUniversity: AdamMickiewiczUniversityinPoznan (Poland).
- Erasmus +: “Learning mobility for higher education students and staff” with Zielonogórski Uniwersity.
- Initiative "Protection of rights without trial" within the framework of the EU / UNDP project "Promotion of local development in the Republic of Belarus"
- Initiative "Popularisation of alternative ways of resolving civil conflicts" - within the framework of the EU / UNDP project "Promoting local development in the Republic of Belarus"
- International project: «Gender in the process of becoming – Experience, Training, Visualization») with the participation of Swedish professors in the field of art of the Art Academy in Stockholm (implemented in the Art and Graphic faculty).
- Erasmus +: «Enhancement of Lifelong Learning in Belarus» within the framework of the European Commission's program (module «Сapacity Building in higher education". BeneficiaryUniversity: Rezekne Academy of Technologies (Latvia)»).
- Project «Mayors for Economic Growth» jointly with the Glubokoe Executive Committee Europe Aid.
Within the framework of the project, a "Center for the Promotion and Support of Entrepreneurship and Innovation in the Glubokoe District of the Vitebsk Region" will be established.
The project is implemented within the framework of the initiative of the European Union "Mayors for Economic Growth", which aims at increasing the capacity of local authorities in the Eastern Partnership countries to ensure conomic growth and create new jobs by:
- Glubokoe Regional Executive Committee
- Vitebsk State University named after P. M. Masherov
- Glubokoe District House of Representative
- Local fund “The Promotion Centre of ‘Ozerny Krai’ territory”